Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ideas, Opinions, Whims






Today is a new day, a new chapter in the big book of life! You know the last page before a new chapter?  The one that leaves you hanging, waiting to see what will happen next?  Well, that's where I'm at right now.

My name is Nadine and this is my super cool new blog!  :)  This is part of my new-chapter-in-life: to be a blogger! I've been lingering at the last page in the last chapter for a while. Now it's time to move on!  I'm a writer and perhaps, someday, a published author.  Writing my first novel has been an obsession of mine for about two years now. I'll share my journey down this crazy path in future posts.

I'm an avid reader, and while I'm not too much into non-fiction, I have read most fiction genres.  In future posts I'll talk about some of my favorite books.  We'll be going old school for a few of them.  Some of my post whims may include music lyrics, quotes, and silliness in words.

Additionally,  I've taught reading and writing for eighteen or so years.  I know how to teach kids to read and what to do if they're struggling.  I plan to intersperse some reading 'how-to' strategies along the way.  I have definite opinions about how kids should and should not be taught  - which I will also share.

I hope to see you here again.


1 comment: