Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Back Porch Revival: A Journal in Photos



Dallas Clark and Ashton Kutcher  worked together to create the Native Fund. It's an Iowa charitable organization that helps Iowans in their time of need- typically due to natural disasters like floods or tornadoes. (See link below.)

The Bethard boys. 
Tucker Bethard sings his country single "Rock On" 
as his brother CJ sways to the music.
I think it's sweet that Tucker wore a Farm Strong Iowa t-shirt, 
while CJ wore his brother's Rock On tee, each supporting the other.

Cowboy Troy doing some country rappin'  and Big Kenny showin' off his guns!

Big And Rich put on a fun and crazy show. 
They definitely got the crowd pumped up for Thomas Rhett and Blake Shelton


Kinnick Stadium was packed and rockin!
The artists played a great mix of county and rock. 
I was surprised to hear them all play covers of other artists, but it worked! The night was electric!



When I found out Thomas Rhett was scheduled to play at this event I was so excited. He was the act I wanted to see over all the other performers.  My favorite part of the night was when he sat down and played the drums while singing Cake By The Ocean By DNCE. Even though it's not his song, it  (he) was fantastic!  Unfortunately, my picture did not turn out very well.  Every picture I took after dark of the jumbo looked blurry.  Bummer



We sat right next to a beer tent at about the 50 yard line. At two different times during the night, I saw armed police, with guards carry FULL  grocery bags (the re-usable kind) out of the back of the tent... and, no, they were not full of beer! BIG $$$$ was spent on the drink that night. This picture was taken at about 9PM of the empties along side the tent closest to my seat.



Our seats were not great, but we didn't care. We had a blast!
Happy 33rd Anniversary to us!
We got married on Saturday, August 27, 1983.
Wow! How time flies! 


The Native Fund: Iowans Helping Iowans

Iowans helping Iowans. I like it.  The fund raiser was one to remember. Top Notch.

Until next time,

Be Good to Yourself and listen to some music!

~Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment