Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Personality Tests

Have you ever taken one of those “personality tests” on Facebook? I have. A lot of them. I don’t know why I take them; I just think they’re fun.
  
I’ve learned what color my aura is, I’ve done spelling tests, vocabulary tests, and grammar tests and I’ve taken the Image Test, you know, Is it a witch or a young girl? type of thing a few times. Oh, and I can’t forget about the various color tests for personality. Yeah, I know. I’ve done lots of them. Lame. 

Back in the day magazines used to have these types of tests. I remember taking them in teen magazines, and when I was older, ones in Cosmo.  (I don’t even know if magazines run tests/quizzes any more.)

I think these personality tests have finally Jumped the Shark because I ran across a new book titled 2 Kinds of People: A Visual Compatibility Quiz, by Joao Rocha.  It's an adult book, not a kids' book! (The perks of working at a library!)



And yes, I did the test. And Tim agreed to do it with me, because, you know, as the title states you need, um, two people. (I didn’t think he would do it with me, and that would have been  a first “test” I think, but he did!)

There were eighty-five dual images to look at. I was pretty sure Tim wouldn't want to look at all of them, so I didn't show Tim the ones I knew for sure, I just scored them. See the handy-dandy wheel to the right? You're supposed to turn the dial for each "same" answer. I just tallied instead.


Same. Roll on the right side.
This one we didn't know what it was trying to say.
The red movie has a 12 on it and the
purple movie has a 15 on it. Besides color, that's
the only difference in the pictures.
We gave ourselves a point anyway.

 Different.
Me sunscreen on the left.
Tim Aloe Vera.




Out of eighty-five total points, we scored sixty-six matches. We're considered "Peas in a Pod", just seven points from being "Soul Mates."  Works for us. If we were too much alike, life would not be fun, challenging, and exciting.


By the way, we just celebrated our thirty-fourth wedding anniversary. We've decided that we'll keep going. Have fun today with the one you love.

Until next time,

Be Good to Yourself!  

~Nadine



          

        




No comments:

Post a Comment