Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Big Step and Maybe a Leap!




A couple of months ago I registered with a local writers’ group. This particular writers’ group meets every two weeks, and for the past two months, since I registered, I hadn’t attended one meeting. It’s not that I forgot- they send reminders to my e-mail. It’s that I was always “too busy.”







It’s hard for me to join any group, but joining a writers’ group, while exhilarating sounding in theory was too scary to put into practice. Until this past Monday night. I did it. I put on my big girl panties and walked into that coffee house and joined in!




There were about 9 or 10 people already there when I sat down, they simply acted like I belonged. We went around the table and said our names and a brief description of what each of us write.  I was brief alright: “My name is Nadine. I write fiction.”

Stellar intro- don’t you think? I have a gift.


Anyway, this eclectic group of people- at various stages of writing success- talked with one another and me like it was the most normal thing to do. 

The format of the meetings alternate between seminar style and workshop style.  This week was seminar and the topic was about on-line tools for writers. The next meeting will be workshop, where participants may have a writing prompt and also share and ask for feedback on their personal writings.

Workshop is what I’m really interested in. When I feel comfortable, I’ll share some of my novel, The Ink of Time, which, as you know, I’m trying to get some representation for.  (See my post “Rejection with a Smile” on April 13th, 2016)

So. I’ve taken another step in this big scary world of authorship. I’ve joined a like-minded group. I am hopeful. I am excited.

I’ll keep you informed.

Let me ask. What leap are you ready to make? Go for it!!




Until next time,
Be Good to Yourself,

~Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment