Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Knee Tear vs. Me

Courtesy of Google Images
I’ve always thought I was not a very active person and have struggled to try to meet the “recommended 30 minutes of exercise daily” goal. But I’ve found out that I really am more active than I thought.




Courtesy of Google Images
I found out the hard way. I have a torn meniscus in my knee and will be having surgery by the time you read this blog post. 

And the crazy thing is, I didn’t tear it doing work or exercise, it just tore from time and use. I guess sitting in six-year-old size chairs and squatting down next to little desks for so many years took its toll.



Joni Mitchell sings in her song Big Yellow Taxi : “...you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone…” So true.

Courtesy of Google Images



Gracie running through the tall grass.
I didn’t realize how much I walked and biked until I couldn’t.  I used to walk my dog a couple miles a day- sometimes twice a day. Poor dog, she’s getting so bored. I took her in the car the other day and she was so excited to go somewhere she ran circles around my car.




Old bike and new bike rack.
(Both Christmas presents from
my honey.)



Tim gave me a great bike carrier for Christmas, and since this injury started before biking season, I haven’t used it at all!








Davenport riverfront trail
(MRT-Mississippi Riverfront Trail)
I’m ready to have this surgery done. I’m ready to heal my knee and get back to my regular activities. I’ll probably make up for lost time this summer and spend the rest of it on a bike path!





Wish me luck. Say a prayer for speedy recovery!

Until next time,

Be Good to Yourself.


~Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment